As they say, time flies when you are having fun!
8 years ago, we were at a lovely restaurant in Duluth, surrounded by our loved ones, excited and nervous about what 'tomorrow would bring'. Tomorrow, Andy and I will be celebrating our 8th anniversary. WOW!! I have never doubted that we would make it this far.. I can't imagine going down this road with anyone else.
Sometimes, he drives me as crazy as I drive him; sometimes, he annoys me as much as I annoy him. At least now when he burps at the table he says 'excuse me, mommy'.. oh, man! no one told me that once you become your kid's mom, your husband starts calling you mommy..
Yes, we've become THOSE people.. and it's surprising how much I'm enjoying it.
Anyway, toast to our anniversary and to another 8, and another 8, and another 8.
May we still make each other laugh 40 years from now!
Thanks go to our respective parents - nearly 50 years on both sides. BIG WOW!!
As Franklin P. Jones said
'Love doesn't make the world go 'round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile'
Happy Valentine's Day!!!
I will be flying to Madrid on Valentine's Day, on my way to 11 days with my brother. When I get back I'll be starting my new job, and probably unable to go anywhere for a long while.
I heard today that the weather in Madrid has been wonderful. My friend emailed yesterday saying that they had their dinner out on the patio!! 60 degrees sounds like heaven right now!!
It was -12 this morning.. yes, yes, I continue to complain about the cold.
Ok, time to go give Ms. Sofia a bath. Marilyn- you should know that the curl that showed up on Saturday is still there! She has her mom's hair - crazy!! ;-)
For those of you in the Twin Cities, please call Andy in my absence to make sure he has fed Sofia something other than M&Ms!! He, he, he!!
Have a great week!! I'll try to post while I'm in Spain and will certainly do so when I get back, including pictures.
Hugs,
Mary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment