Thursday, January 31, 2008

I got the offer!!


I got the call from Edward Jones today!! Yeay! They offered me the job and they are sending the formal offer via UPS, to arrive tomorrow.

I'm excited!

This is just the beginning, but exciting nevertheless.

I now have to go to the local jail to get fingerprinted (or I could get arrested, I guess!), get a drug test, and read and sign all the paperwork and send it back.

I will start studying for the Series 7 exam test on March 3rd. 10 weeks of study-at-home program, paid by the Firm. I get one shot at the test; but I'm not even going to think about the possibility of not passing. After that, it's 9 more weeks of training - 2 weeks (1st and last) in either St. Louis, MO or Tempe, AZ, and then I'll be licensed to sell.

.. and then 2 or 3 years until I'm established. Tough road ahead, but the potential is so exciting.

I had to do a door knocking exercise as part of my hiring process and I loved it. And we wonder why I was nicknamed 'motormouth' when I was a kid? ;-)

Anyway, enough about me.

Ms. Sofia continues to be the most adorable child in the whole wide world. She's such a kind-hearted kid!! :-) Today when I picked her up at daycare she was so bummed because she got a baloon and a little boy popped it by accident, so - by no fault of her own - she lost her balloon and could not get another one (no more available). Her teacher was mortified to see Sofs so sad, and Sofia just held her tears and gave her teacher a hug and told her that it was ok.. oh, what a kid!!

She's going to make a good wife someday! :-) resignation, yeay!

Today, we were happy to hear that our friends Stephanie and Brent are hopefully coming to visit in March!!!! Yeay!!! I'm so excited!!! We were with them at their place in Austin, TX, but they have not yet met Sofia. WE're already telling Sofia that she has to be in her best behaviour and tell Brent that he would make a great daddy!! he, he, he!!

ok, I should get to bed. Tomorrow I'm driving up to Duluth to pick up mom and dad. We'll be back home on SAturday morning. Dad has a doc's appt (post eye surgery) on Monday and then I'll drive them back to Duluth on Monday.

Sofia is SO excited!!! She gets to have dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Mayer tomorrow and then see Abuelo & Abuela on SAturday! What a lucky girl! And Angie (Ansi) too!

If she can feel this loved for a long while, she'll be OK!


ok, if you read this, please send a comment so that I know you're reading it.


If you have a caucus this coming week, please rememeber to get out there a cast a ballot!!! we do have some control over our political process!!!


peace and flowers,

Mary




No comments: