Waiting to hear back after a job interview is so draining!! I am hoping to get this great job/career, to start in the spring. I am in step 7 of 10 steps in the process. They are running a background check and it looks like they won't be getting back to me until Wednesday of next week. Arghhh!!
Anyway, at least knowing when I'll hear I can schedule some hours on my now regular job (answering incoming phone calls of folks calling to order stuff after watching infomercials). It's a nice gig; pay is decent and it's definitely flexible. I've been enjoying time with the muchkin in the mornings (nice change from being out the door by 6:00 am of the last couple of years).
Sofia has been getting used to not going to daycare until 9:00 am or later, so the mornings that we try to get out the door by 8:00 am are a challenge.
Today I went to downtown Minneapolis to pick up some free planters (huge: 5' long x 30" tall x 10" wide). I've been three trips so far; got a total of 6 home. We've put a couple on the concrete patio by the pool already. They are going to look awesome full of plants in the summer.
Cat has volunteered to help me plant - which I hope means that I pay for the plants and do the digging and she tells me what will look pretty and thrive. She has a green thumb!
Looking forward to having Cat & Greg over for dinner tomorrow.. salmon or curry? ummm...
I started cleaning and reorganizing the kitchen cupboards today. We've been in the house for a bit over 3 months now, and I'm already getting the itch to move stuff around.. no surprise!
I've also been posting stuff on Craig's List and Ebay, in an effort to minimize, unclutter, and make a little $$. Sofia's bottle warmer (not used since she was 3 months old!) was sold to a church lady for $10.
We got rid of Sofia's cute (but unused!) pink Ikea bed and tomorrow we'll be picking up a captains bed that we found on Craig's list. Andy and I are probably more excited about the new used bed than Sofia is. Maybe Dora sheets will entice her to sleep in the new bed? ;-)
We'll have to try that.
ok.. done with the procrastination and back to cleaning the kitchen. Where does time go? 8 hours at the office are certainly much more productive than 8 hours at home.
I'm sure that Ginger likes having me around so that she can go run around outside every 20 minutes.
Stay warm!
Mary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment