It is so bloody cold!! -16 F
I love the electric blanket that we got for Christmas. We don't have to crank it up; just putting it on a low setting makes the bed warm when we first get in and keeps it nice and warm all night. I am waking up less often during the night. Thanks mom & dad!
Sofia slept in her new bed - until 3:00 am. Baby steps. The mattress is very comfortable. I'll post a picture of it later.
Greg & Cat were over for dinner last night. As always, fun to have them over. They brought yummy desserts from Byerly's, including creme brule. :-)
I ended up making a roast that turned out pretty good.
Interested in a new recipe? here it is.. approx.. as I added some stuff
Make slits in roast & put in them slices of garlic (8 - 10 slices/slits) Brown roast on all sides, in same pan or dutch oven brown 1 medium onion and a small package (8 oz) of mushrooms (oyster or shytake).
Mix together 1 can of tomato sauce, 1 cup of red wine (cabernet sauvignon prefereably), 1 tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp horseradish. Pour mixture over roast.
Add 4 stalks of celery cut to 1"
Add 2 or 3 carrots cut to 1"
I roasted it in convection over at 350 for 90+ minutes. You could make it on the stove top and cook for 1 hour without the carrots & add carrots & potatoes after 1 hour. You would then cook an additional 90 minutes. It turned out great in the oven. I roasted the potatoes separately w/ olive oil & herbs. Yummy!!
Sofia loved having Cat & Greg over!! She never wants to miss anything and ended up going to bed after 10:30pm. There is definitely some Spanish blood running through her veins!!
I think she'll grow up to be a well-adjusted person; even with the late nights and the excess chocolate that her parents allow her to eat! :-)
It's 7:30am and I'm sure that Sofs and Andy will be up shortly. I wonder if the paper boy made it to the door or just threw the paper in the driveway.. better go check it out.
Peace & sunshine,
Mary
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment